Hot Spot Policy
The borrower agrees to the following:
- Must be a registered library patron 18 years old or older with account in good standing
- May only borrow one Hot Spot per household
- May check out the Hot Spot for seven days with no renewals
- Will pay overdue fines of $1 per day if Hot Spot is not returned by the due date, with a cap of $6
- Understands that holds may be placed on Hotspots. Holds will only be able to be placed in person or over the phone. Holds will not be able to be placed via the online catalog
- Understands that a Hot Spot may not be checked out by the household the same day as a Hot Spot is returned by the same household
- All components of the Hotspot must be returned in working condition including device, charger/cord, case, and SIM card, or the full replacement cost will be added to the patron account
- Understands the Hotspot will be deactivated if not returned within 6 Days after the due date and the full replacement cost will be added to the patron account if the device is lost or not returned within 21 days or checkout
- Understands that a $10.00 reactivation fee will be charged to account if device is deactivated
- Understands that the Hot Spot must be returned to the library staff at the circulation desk. Hot Spots cannot be returned in book drops.
- Understands that patron accounts with fines for deactivated or damaged Hot Spots will be blocked from further use of Hot Spots
- Agrees to Putnam County Library’s Internet and Wi-Fi Use Policy, which prohibits pirating, illegal downloads, child pornography, etc.
- Note to parents/guardians: Internet content filtering is NOT provided through the Hot Spot. Parents/guardians are responsible for monitoring what their children access via the Wi-Fi Hot Spot.