Hot Spot and Chromebook Policy
The borrower agrees to the following:
- Must be a registered library patron 18 years old or older with account in good standing
- May only borrow one Hot Spot and/or Chromebook per household at a time
- May check out the Hot Spot for seven days with no renewals. May check out Chromebook for 14 days with no renewals
- Will pay overdue fines of $1 per day if Hot Spot or Chromebook is not returned by the due date, with a cap of $6
- Understands that holds may be placed on Hotspots and/or Chromebooks. Holds will only be able to be placed in person or over the phone. Holds will not be able to be placed via the online catalog
- Understands that a Hot Spot and/or Chromebook may not be checked out by the household the same day as a Hot Spot is returned by the same household
- All components of the Hotspot and/or Chromebook must be returned in working condition including device, charger/cord, case, and SIM card, or the full replacement cost will be added to the patron account. Components of Chromebook include Chromebook, charger, and carryingcase
- Understands the Hotspot and/or Chromebook will be deactivated if not returned within 6 Days after the due date and the full replacement cost will be added to the patron account if the device is lost or not returned within 21 days or checkout
- Understands that a $10.00 reactivation fee will be charged to account if device is deactivated
- Understands that the Hot Spot and/or Chromebook must be returned to the library staff at the circulation desk. Hot Spots and/or Chromebook cannot be returned in book drops
- Understands that patron accounts with fines for deactivated or damaged Hot Spots and/or Chromebook will be blocked from further use for these devices
- Agrees to Putnam County Library’s Internet and Wi-Fi Use Policy, which prohibits pirating, illegal downloads, child pornography, etc.
- Note to parents/guardians: Internet content filtering is NOT provided through the Hot Spot. Parents/guardians are responsible for monitoring what their children access via the Wi-Fi Hot Spot.